> Company / Magnesita’s Commitments
• To implement, maintain and improve in a continuous manner the Safety and Occupational Health Management System, ensuring the prevention of injuries and diseases, in conformity with the applicable legislation, legal requirements, safety and occupational health standards, and other requirements adopted by Magnesita, following the model of the OHSAS 18001 norm.
• To develop products, processes and services constantly searching for solutions that may minimize or eliminate the risk to the health of collaborators, contracted entities and customers’ users.
• To identify unsafe conditions and eliminate them through the efficient use of prevention techniques and the adoption of safe operational practices.
Management and Planning
• To define, document and implement plans and actions to sustain Health Protection efforts, duly attributing responsibilities.
• To measure results and verify due dates through checking, at pre-determined intervals, the progress of what has been planned.
• To implement improvement actions in suitable locations.
Health and Safety Awareness
• To promote competence, training and awareness so that all collaborators and contracted entities are able to work in a correct manner, preventing potential safety and occupational health risks.
• To develop actions to guarantee safety and occupational health, interacting with the community, government organizations, customers, suppliers and other interested parties.
This Policy is applicable to all Magnesita units, independently of their geographical location.