> Refractory Solutions / Steel / Pig Iron Mixer
The Pig Iron Mixer is used to store pig iron. The working temperature usually reaches 1450ºC and its nominal capacity varies from 150 t to 1000 t for stored pig iron.
The main requirements of the refractory lining are:
• Resistance to pig iron erosion and to corrosion caused by the slag;
• Thermal shock resistance;
• Volume stability;
• Heat capacity (specific heat of the refractory material) to increase heat storage.
Specific Technical Solutions
With the objective of providing safe and economical refractory performance for all customers, Magnesita’s Technical Support and Services Department develops technical solutions via specific process studies, computer simulations, and slag practice recommendations. The Technical Support team also provides refractory engineering and assembly supervision.
A specific refractory project action plan is developed for each operational plant, increasing equipment availability and refractory performance.
Furthermore, the Research Center carries out the development of new products and post mortem studies.
Shaped and unshaped refractory products
Magnesita supplies a complete line of refractories for pig iron mixers:
• ASC (alumina-silicon carbide-carbon);
• AMC (alumina-magnesia-carbon);
• Rams, Slabs, Mortars and Concretes.
- AOD Converters
- Blast Furnaces
- Coke Plants
- Continuous Casting
- Electric Arc Furnaces
- Flow control
- Ladle Sliding Gate Valve Mechanism
- LD Converter
- MAG-QC “Quick Change” Mechanism
- Metal Pouring Channel
- Pig Iron Ladle
- Pig Iron Mixer
- Pre-cast Shapes
- Refractory Application Equipment
- Reheating Furnace
- Stainless Steel Ladles
- Steel Ladle – Mini-Mills
- Steel Ladles
- Torpedo Car