> Refractory Solutions / Steel / Pig Iron Ladle
The pig iron ladle is used for charging molten iron (i.e. hot metal) into BOF converters, and in rare instances into electric arc furnaces. The working temperature can reach 1520ºC, and its nominal capacity varies between 30 t and 350 t of pig iron per charge.
The main requirements of the refractory lining are:
• Resistance to erosion caused by pig iron and corrosion caused by the slag;
• Thermal shock resistance;
• Volume stability;
• Low heat loss.
Shaped and unshaped refractory products
Magnesita supplies a complete line of refractories for pig iron ladles:
• ASC (alumina-silicon carbide-carbon);
• AMC (alumina-magnesia-carbon);
• Rams, Slabs, Mortars and Concretes.
Development of specific solutions
With the objective of providing safe and economical refractory performance for all customers, Magnesita’s Technical Support and Services Department develops technical solutions via specific process studies, computer simulations, and slag practice recommendations.
Furthermore, the Research Center carries out the development of new products and post mortem studies.
- AOD Converters
- Blast Furnaces
- Coke Plants
- Continuous Casting
- Electric Arc Furnaces
- Flow control
- Ladle Sliding Gate Valve Mechanism
- LD Converter
- MAG-QC “Quick Change” Mechanism
- Metal Pouring Channel
- Pig Iron Ladle
- Pig Iron Mixer
- Pre-cast Shapes
- Refractory Application Equipment
- Reheating Furnace
- Stainless Steel Ladles
- Steel Ladle – Mini-Mills
- Steel Ladles
- Torpedo Car