> Service Solutions / Electromechanical Maintenance
Magnesita has accumulated over time a wide experience in Electromechanical Maintenance with strong activities in the iron and steel market and an excellent participation in the segments of mining, cellulose and capital goods. The company makes available contracts in varied modalities, defined in accordance with each customer’s needs, such as:
• Overall price;
• Man / hour price;
• Unit price;
• Price based on performance;
The areas involved are:
• Reduction area:
- Blast Furnace;
- Granulation System;
• Steel Mill area:
- Ingot elaboration;;
- Stockpile yard;
- Support areas;
• Mining areas:
- Yard Machines;
- Conveyor belts;
- Filtering System;
- Sieve System;
- Classification System;
- Loading System;
- Supply and Cutting System;
- Classification System;
- System of Digesters;
- Paste Preparation;
- Drying and Packing System;
- Rotary Kilns.
Maintenance processes and systems involved
Independent of the modality, most of these contracts involve inspection, planning, programming, implementation of maintenance services and monitoring of the Key Performance Indicators – KPIs. Furthermore, they have full support of a maintenance engineering team, devoted only and exclusively to promote contract improvements, with focus on elaboration and / or revision of standards and devices that minimize risks and maximize equipment productivity.
Magnesita operates through various maintenance systems that also vary in accordance with each client. Among them, it is worth to highlight SAP, Sigma, Sismana and Maximus. Internal maintenance of refractory material production units is also carried out using the PM module of SAP with all its functions, managing the whole maintenance chain with inspection, planning, scheduling, execution and follow up of maintenance performance indicators.
Management of Professionals
Magnesita also provides complete management of professionals, from recruitment and selection, through training programs and integration, technical training with focus on professional development, followed by an effective management system totally focused on results. Furthermore, it has a variable remuneration program that establishes guidelines and goals, from the highest ranks of the organization to the last end in the productive chain.
The management system points out the collaborators’ safety, by means of an intensive and exclusive program linked to variable remuneration, with focus on the elimination of risks and on team culture building, following these principles:
• Working at heights with all the Individual Protection Equipment, especially the safety belts;
• Enter defined areas such as confined spaces, observing and complying with the necessary procedures;
• Carrying out any activity observing the procedures related to impediments and labeling of power sources;
• Driving or operating mobile equipment and overhead cranes with proper authorization;
• Preparing the APRT for any activity that is not included in a specific procedure;
• Using the recommended Individual Protection Equipment for the activity / area.