> Service Solutions / Refractory Maintenance
Magnesita has gained over time a wide experience in refractory maintenance, centered mainly in the reduction areas and steel shops of large steel producing plants.
In these contracts, the company introduces a remuneration modality that is linked to performance of the materials, or, in other words, it implements the application and links the remuneration to each customer’s production. This is a type of contract denominated Cost per steel ton effectively produced.
The equipment involved in these contracts is:
• In the reduction area:
- Pig iron and slag channels;
- Torpedo car;
- Blowing system;
- Sintering furnaces.
• In the steel shop area:
- Refining station;
- Pig iron and steel ladles.
Technical support and development
Magnesita makes available the full support of its technical support and development team, composed of high level engineers and technicians that work full time in search of innovative technologies in the world. They aim at providing the customer with new solutions that seek to lengthen the campaign and to improve equipment availability, what is reflected directly in increased production and lower costs.
Management of professionals
Magnesita also provides complete management of professionals, from recruitment and selection, through training programs and integration, technical training with focus on professional development, followed by an effective management system totally focused on results. Furthermore, it has a variable remuneration program that establishes guidelines and goals, from the highest ranks of the organization to the last end in the productive chain.
The management system points out the collaborators’ safety, by means of an intensive and exclusive program linked to variable remuneration, with focus on the elimination of risks and on team culture building, following these principles:
• Working at heights with all the Individual Protection Equipment, especially the safety belts;
• Enter defined areas such as confined spaces, observing and complying with the necessary procedures;
• Carrying out any activity observing the procedures related to impediments and labeling of power sources;
• Driving or operating mobile equipment and overhead cranes with proper authorization;
• Preparing the APRT for any activity that is not included in a specific procedure;
• Using the recommended Individual Protection Equipment for the activity / area.