> Service Solutions / Nickel Plating
Magnesita has a technological partnership contract in Brazil that works to extend the life of copper mold liners used in the continuous casting of steel. This process involves reconditioning of the mold liner surfaces. The electro-deposition may be carried out in two processes: Ni-conventional and Ni-cobalt. The molds are usually made in pairs, or, in other words, the nickel plating time for two molds is the same as for only one piece.
Control focused on service quality, offering to the customer:
• Reduced production costs and improved steel quality;
• Systematized bath quality control, with constant analyses related to its chemical characteristics;
• Monitoring of bath raw material, with rigid control of the specific norms for process purity;
• Monitoring of deposition results, with laboratory simulations and analyses by means of the “Hull Cell” trial;
• Monitoring of process parameters and hourly analyses during its entire run (120 hours, usually);
• Rigorous tests for all electroplated layers (fire and ultra-sound tests) along their entire extension;
• No tolerance for unstuck plating (higher rigidity than the Japanese standard).
Magnesita maintains its focus on each customer’s needs, seeking solutions and technologies that will promote constant improvement of contracts and customer loyalty, transforming satisfaction into results.